5 Hacks to Immediately Improve Concentration and Focus
These are the top 5 hacks you can do to enhance concentration and focus. Each individual is different and not all hacks will work on everyone. Consider experimenting on these methods to see which one works optimally for you.
Meditation is one of the quickest things you can do for your concentration. Even a few minutes of doing it can improve your mental focus. However, it takes a lot of practice before you can reap the full benefits.
It can be hard to meditate in the beginning as your mind is full of thoughts. If you’re just a beginner, start by focusing on your breathing only. Breathe slowly and deeply. You’ll find that everything else will follow if you fixate your attention on this only. Your muscles relax, you feel calmer, and your mind is clearer when you meditate.
2. Binaural beats
If you’re one of those people who hate the thought of sitting still for even a minute, binaural beats are a better option. They improve brain power by producing specific frequency for the brain to follow. Different frequencies have varying effects on the brain. For example, gamma waves produce frequency between 40Hz to 100Hz which improves efficiency, memory, and problem solving. You can research more about binaural beats to find out specific frequencies that work best for your needs.
What you put in your body affects your alertness and concentration levels. Foods rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals are all good for your mind and body. Include these top brain foods in your diet to enjoy better focus in school or at work:
- Walnuts and almonds – rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals which improve memory and focus
- Dark chocolate – contains flavonoids, antioxidants, and caffeine all of which help increase attention span and problem solving skills
- Blueberries – contains high levels of gallic acid which helps with stress management, improves memory, and protects against degenerative brain diseases
- Salmon – packed with omega-3 fatty acids that help improve focus and boost memory
- Beets – contains natural nitrates which boost blood flow to the brain, resulting in better cognitive performance
- Green tea – contains caffeine to help you stay alert and is known to aid with memory loss
- Egg yolk – contains choline and vitamin B-12, both very important for brain function
- Spinach – high in iron which improve your focus and cognitive function
4. Nootropic Supplements
Nootropics are substances you can use to enhance cognitive performance. They were once prescribed to patients suffering from cognitive deficiencies but overtime, they’ve grown in popularity and are being used by university students and startup techies too. If you’d like to a quick method to boosting concentration, nootropics are worth a try. The most common ones being sold in the market include Noopept, Pramiracetam, Modafinil, Adrafinil, Phenylpiracetam, and Aniracetam. If you’re interested in these brain pills, do your research first to find out which supplements work best for you.
VItamins are essential for proper cognitive function. There are certain kinds that not only improve mental performance but also protect the brain against degenerative diseases. Vitamin C is one of them. Regular consumption helps prevent cancer and other illnesses, and it also boosts serotonin which is a natural antidepressant. Another focus enhancer is vitamin B3. It enhances concentration and memory and can cure a mild headache. Other vitamin B’s such as B12 and B6 are also good for your brain. B12 is crucial to brain development while B6 triggers dopamine, a chemical that elevates your mood.
Any hacks you’ve tried that worked really well? Share them in the comments below!